Saturday, November 22, 2014

Choose Strength: A Thanksgiving Post

This Thanksgiving, I am filled with many emotions. I am thankful for so many things, like...
My parents, duh, they are the best
My brother and my new sister, Katie
My extended family for allowing me to come visit
Answered Prayers
Sports
Passing Grades
etc...

But, the thing I am really the most thankful for, is my new beginning and the strength the Lord gave me to get here. It was a wobbly past year. I felt the stir to move and start school when my heart and faith were weak. I moved with a little more strength, but not much. The last few months however, I have felt this surge of strength. Every day I wake up, I choose to be stronger, because I choose the Lord.

At every point, decision, and turn in our lives we have the opportunity to choose strength. Things are going to get you down, days are going to stink, and seasons will be flat out crappy to get through, but in each of those moments you can choose to be strong and strong in the Lord and his promise to deliver.

I am reminded of the woman who was prone to bleeding in Matthew. It's not a huge and significant passage in Matthew. Actually it's stuck right in the middle of Jesus going to raise the dead girl in Matthew 9. The lady was in the crowd, and she knew if she could just touch the robe of Jesus, just the thread, she would be healed. A small amount of faith, lead to great amounts of strength.

Sometimes the things we have to do in life are hard, but the majority of life is pretty great. But that pretty great part, is up to us. We can sit and hide from the potential God has given us, or we can stand up in our weakness, with our tiny mustard seed of faith, and be strong, and do GREAT things.

I'm thankful for weakness.
I'm thankful for courage.
I'm thankful for healing.
I'm thankful for STRENGTH.

And I'm thankful for you!

Choose Strength.
#sheisstrong

 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20


No comments:

Post a Comment